Monday 6 January 2014

Font Testing for Rock magazine 'Metal Wave'

1) Metal Wave- Century Gothic

This font is clear and easy to read. But I think it lacks the edginess and roughness needed in the masthead of a rock and metal magazine. Its is too simple and rounded. It could however be the text in articles because it is easy to read.  

2) Metal wave- Algerian

This font is big and readable, it also is in all capitals which is good for a masthead. I don't however  like the gaps within the letters, it makes the writing not look strong and solid. Therefore I will not be using this font in my magazine. 

3) Metal Wave- Blackoak Std

This font is good is good because if its boldness and size, but it is stretched out which is an effect i don't like. Also even though it is easily read, it is too simple. It could however be used as a heading for one of the articles within 'Metal Wave', but not the masthead. 

4) Metal wave- Carbon black

I find this font inconsistent, with the 't' looking out of place, furthermore it looks too round to be a masthead for a Rock and Metal magazine. It might fit in with a Jazz magazine though. It is good because it is bold but I will not be using this for my masthead.  

5) Metal wave- Charlemagne Std

I really like this font, it is straight and strong. Also I think it fits in with the Rock and Metal genre. It is simple and readable but doesn't look childish or overcomplicated. I am going to be using this font for the masthead on my Rock and Metal magazine. 

6) Metal Wave- Copperplate Gothic Bold

I like this font too because it is strong and bold, although this font is consistent with its lie thickness, i like no.5 because itd line thickness varies which adds complexity and interest. I would however use this font in other headings of other articles because it would fit in. 

7) Metal Wave- Bella Donna
This font would not fit in with this magazine. It is too small and thin, also it isn't very easy to read. It might however fit into a Classical music magazine but not a Rock and Metal magazine
8) Metal Wave- Earwig Factory

This font had mush more of a punk vibe, which could be used within the magazine on a punk article maybe but it couldn't represent the magazine on a whole. 


9) Metal wave- Jokerman 

I think this font is too childish and playful to be included in this magazine. 


No comments:

Post a Comment